Welcome!

I originally started this site as a travel blog but it has since taken on a life of its own and I write about whatever comes to mind. Politics, culture, my experiences around the world and in my own country. Feel free to follow me and leave comments!


Friday, April 22, 2011

Good? Bad? I'm the Guy With the Gun.

So me and one of my friends went to an indoor shooting range today. It was freakin' awesome. Everybody should shoot a gun at least once. I mean, when the poop hits the fan you're going to have to know how to operate and maintain a firearm. Zombie apocalypse, regular apocalypse, aftermath of a hurricane/earthquake/invasion/nuclear war, the scenarios are endless. It's just best to have that skill set. Not to mention the absurd amount of entertainment to be had by massacring cutouts of America's most hated enemy.
Burn in Hell.

Or by saving ladies from guys who look weirdly similar to my dad.

I shot a .38 revolver, .45 M1911 and a 9mm Baretta. What can I say? I like the classics. They had some full auto sub-machine guns but I didn't want to break the bank on the first visit. All the guys who worked at this place were super nice. Not like those crazy NRA dudes. The place is called 'Palmetto Indoor Gun Range' about 9 miles outside of Savannah, GA. Look them up if you're interested and in the area. Here's the website. http://www.palmettoindoorrange.com/index.htm The prices for the rental guns are very reasonable and there's just a small fee for using the range. What'll set you back though is buying the ammunition. You'll be having an awesome time and go through it quickly so just take that into account and don't be surprised if you end up spending more money than you had originally planned.

I hadn't shot a gun for several years but I quickly picked it back up and as you can tell from the pics above I am an absolute BEAST. I pity the fool who tries to break into my house. So if you want to release some stress, reaffirm your own badassery or just be a stereotypical, gun-toting American then head on over to your nearest gun range and get to shootin'. Thanks to everyone who reads my blog! Always aim high!

But not that high.


Travel in China,

3 comments:

  1. By the way, do you know that when snipers shoot the bad guy who aim gun at the hostage - they have to kill him by shooting in specific area of his head, so that the bullet goes through little brain (cerebellum) and not through the cortex of big brain hemispheres.

    The reason is that when bullet goes through cortex - even if it kills the badass, he will have reflective spasms which can make his finger press the gun's trigger and kill the hostage.

    But bullet through cerebellum - on the contrary - leads to immediate relaxation of muscles.

    Face front - you must aim to the upper side of nose. Face side - to ear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Learn that from some buddies in the IDF?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kind of ))
    Eugene took me to the shooting range.
    Instructor explained many interesting things :)

    ReplyDelete